Camp Free To Be Instructors-Art, Gym
This camp accommodates participants ages 4-21 with a variety of support needs and/or disabilities. Camper to staff ratio can be as low as 1:1 in order to meet the recreational and personal care needs of each camper. Camp Free to Be meets Monday through Friday.
- Starting at $16.00-$17.00 per hour depending on experience and education.
- Work 30-40 hours per week.
- Provide instruction for all camp groups in content area.
- Attend required mandatory staff orientation and training.
- Responsible for planning and implementing activities for groups of campers with varying disabilities in the specific content area.
- Individuals should possess knowledge of specific content area along with the skills to teach individuals with varying disabilities.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, quality customer service, and effective communication towards campers, parents, other staff, and the general public.
- Modify and adapt activities and equipment to satisfy the needs of campers.
- Analyze campers’ current developmental status and target areas for potential growth.
- Setup for and actively participate in activities specific to content area.
- Provide activities that are therapeutic and developmentally appropriate for individual campers.
- Develop a session-to-session program agenda utilizing proper lesson plan format.
- Implement activities that are fun as well as therapeutic, educational, and significantly upgrade the campers’ skill, ability levels, and functional independence.
- Develop a variety of experiences that will allow campers to exercise their own creativity and imagination.
- Acquire all needed supplies/materials through the Camp Specialist and be responsible for their care and return upon the completion of the activity.
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of and following/enforcing all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and will support all aspects of the HISRA safety program.
- Communicate with Program Manager, Camp Specialist, Counselors Leaders, and Aides on the individual needs of the participants.
Click here to apply for this position.