Check out this video to learn more about HISRA programs!
- Starts at $13.00 per hour based on experience and education
- Responsible for assisting the Program Supervisor or Program Coordinator with program planning, as well as, the direct leadership, and evaluation of assigned recreation programs.
- Minimum of 21 years or older
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and quality customer service towards participants, parents, other staff, and the general public.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate meaningful recreation activities for individuals of all ages and various abilities.
- Modify and adapt programs and equipment to meet the needs of all participants.
- Be responsible for the safety of all participants from their arrival to departure from the program.
- Develop a program agenda utilizing proper lesson plan format.
- Implement activities that are fun as well as therapeutic, educational, and significantly upgrade the participants’ skill, ability levels, and functional independence.
- Develop a variety of experiences that will allow participants to exercise their own creativity and imagination.
- Supervise, direct and evaluate program aides and volunteers as necessary.
- Provide ongoing feedback to participant’s parents/guardian regarding involvement in program.
- Perform lifts and transfers of children and adults with disabilities.
- Setup for and actively participate in leisure, recreation, sport, and social activities.
- Complete and submit all required written reports including volunteer/participant attendance reports and program evaluations.
- Acquire all needed supplies/materials through the appropriate channels and be responsible for care and return upon completion of the program.
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of and following/enforcing all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of the HISRA safety program.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and seasonal orientation sessions.
- Drive and operate lift vans for programs and camps as assigned.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB