Registration Guidelines for Camp
Any participant who is a resident of HISRA’s four member park districts (Peoria Park District, Chillicothe Park District, Morton Park District, and Washington Park District) will get one week of priority registration, from February 6th through February 12th. Any participant who is not a resident of the above member districts (non-resident) will not be eligible to register for camp at this time, but will be able to register on or after February 13th, when camp open registration begins.
On Tuesday, 2/6/24, HISRA will begin taking resident priority registrations for Camp Free To Be, Summer Daze, and Bicycle Brews Transitional Crew at 8:30am, both online on WebTrac, and in-person at our offices. Please note that any registrations for camp received prior to 2/6/24 will be placed, unopened, in a folder in our front office. On 2/6/24, HISRA staff will begin to randomly enter registrations from this folder. Due to the high demand and limited space in our programs, we cannot guarantee spaces for registrations that have been received prior to the 2/6/24 resident priority registration opening date. Please note that non-residents will not be eligible for priority registration during this time, but will be able to register on or after February 13th, when camp open registration begins.
On Tuesday, 2/13/24, HISRA will begin taking all registrations for Camp Free To Be, Summer Daze, and Bicycle Brews Transitional Crew at 8:30am, both online on WebTrac, and in-person at our offices. Please note that any registrations for camp received prior to 2/13/24 will be placed, unopened, in a folder in our front office. On 2/13/24, HISRA staff will begin to randomly enter registrations from this folder. Due to the high demand and limited space in our programs, we cannot guarantee spaces for non-resident registrations that have been received prior to the 2/13/24 camp open registration opening date.
First of all, we are so excited that we are going to see a new face this summer! HISRA staff arrange and conduct an informal assessment of all new HISRA participants prior to program or camp participation. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the participant during programming, but is also a great opportunity for us to get to know the participants and their family, and also for parents/guardians and the participant to ask staff questions about camp. We require all new campers to have completed their informal assessments prior to April 1st, unless waitlisted, then we will require a complete assessment no later than two weeks prior to camp beginning.
The following paperwork must be completed in order for registration to be accepted and processed:
- Registration form (front and back side)
- 2024 Annual Information Form
- Any additional supplementary camp forms (i.e. Personal Care Form, Seizure Care Form, Medication Dispensing Form, etc).
- Payment arrangements
- Payment in full
- Payment plan (installment billing over the course of 4 installments, in March, April, May, June). A 10% down payment is required for this payment option. HISRA requires that a card must be on file to avail of this payment option.
- Third party payment from a school district or other agency (written confirmation of the third party payor agreeing to the total or partial cost of camp is required in writing). No down payment is required for this option if the written agreement of payment from the third party payor is provided at the time of registration.
- Scholarship application. HISRA has limited scholarship funds available for eligible scholarship applicants. A 10% down payment, fully filled scholarship application and additional documentation as outlined on the scholarship application is required in order for office staff to process the registration.
- Payment in full for services is due at the time of registration. Payment plans are available for balances of over $200.00, and require a 10% down payment at the time of registration. Please contact our office if you require a payment plan or any accommodations regarding payment.
- If you are applying for a scholarship, we will need a down-payment at the time of registration amounting to 10% of the total amount of programs registered for, as well as additional documentation as listed on the scholarship form.
- You may not register for any program if you have a remaining balance from any past season. There are no exceptions to this policy. Failure to pay an outstanding balance within 30 days of a past due notice may lead to disenrollment in programs/ camp sessions that have not been paid for.
- Staff will not accept payments or registration forms at programs. A locked drop box is available in the lobby and outside the front door.
- Persons living outside of our four member districts must pay the non-resident fees listed.
- If you require special accommodations regarding the payment of camp, or have any questions about our payment plan and scholarship options, please contact the HISRA Office Manager at (309) 691-1929 ext. 1103 for assistance.
- Registration can be taken online using Peoria Park District’s Webtrac page here. Registration forms (with payment) can also be mailed or handed in to the HISRA office at 8727 N. Pioneer Road, Peoria, IL 61615.
- Walk-in registrations (with payment) will be accepted at HISRA during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday: 8:30am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:30pm. After hours registrations and payments can be deposited in the drop box at the front of the HISRA building.
- Payment must accompany all registration forms in order for registration to be processed. Registrations will not be entered into the system until the required payment has been received.
- Due to limited space, registrations will be taken on a first-come, first served basis, when received with payment. No phone registrations will be accepted.
- If a camp session is full, you will be placed on a waiting list. If a space becomes available, you will be notified and a payment will be needed immediately in order for registration to be processed.
- Participants must register for camp prior to May 1st.
- If you have not participated in HISRA programs before, an informal assessment with HISRA staff will be arranged two weeks prior to program participation. Due to safety concerns, we cannot accept participants who have not had an assessment completed two weeks prior to our programs.
- ALL required camp forms must be submitted and all camper assessments must be completed by April 1st, 2024. Failure to complete the required paperwork and assessments by April 1st may result in the camper’s withdrawal from registration and will be placed on the camp waitlist.
- All campers are entitled to register, withdraw or change their camp registration by May 1st, 2024. If registration is withdrawn on or before May 1st, any costs associated with registering for camp will be refunded fully. If registration is withdrawn fully or partially after the May 1st deadline, no refund will be given.
- If HISRA is in the position to pull a participant off of a waitlist and register them for camp after the May 1st deadline, no refunds will be given for any cancellations of their camp registration after this date.
- A refund to the card that made the purchase, or in the form of an account credit will be provided if registration is fully or partially canceled before May 1st, 2024. Please contact the HISRA office if you require a refund check.
- Registration forms must be filled out completely and the legal guardian must sign the waiver at the bottom of the registration form. Registration will not be processed until the form is filled out completed and the waiver signed by the legal guardian.
- An Annual Information Form must be completed once per year. All questions must be answered or marked N/A, if not applicable. For safety reasons, an individual without an Annual Information Form or any other required supplementary forms on file for the current year will not be permitted to participate in any HISRA program.
- You may be required to fill out and sign additional forms as needed based on the information that has been provided on the Annual Information Form.
- If any information about the participant has changed since filling out the Annual Information Form for the current year, we ask that you fill out an updated Annual Information Form.
All HISRA forms can be found here.
Individuals with Down Syndrome are at risk of having a condition known as Atlanto-Axial Subluxation. Please consult your physician prior to participation in HISRA programming.
- For further information, the 2024 Camp Handbook is available here for viewing and downloading.
- All HISRA policies and procedures are subject to change at any time.