Summerdaze Group Leader
Summerdaze is a summer day camp designed for campers ages 13-21 who are completely independent in self-care skills. Groups in this camp are frequently taking part in outdoor fun and are very active on a daily basis.
- Starting at $14.00 per hour depending on experience and education.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Attend required mandatory staff orientation and training.
- Responsible for leading a camper group in every aspect including, delegating responsibility, planning, direct leadership and evaluation of campers and staff. Required to assist the campers in daily activities and with personal care.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, quality customer service, and effective communication towards campers, parents, other staff, and the general public.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate meaningful recreation activities for individuals ages 13-21 with various abilities utilizing proper lesson plan format.
- Assess ability level of all campers in your group and plan activities accordingly.
- Administer medication throughout the day according to Medication Dispensing Forms.
- Modify and adapt programs and equipment to meet the needs of all campers.
- Assess each campers’ current developmental status and target areas for potential growth.
- Perform lifts and transfers of campers ages 13-21 with disabilities.
- Setup for and actively participate in leisure, recreation, sport, and social activities.
- Be responsible for the safety of all campers upon arrival to camp through departure.
- Implement activities that are fun as well as therapeutic, educational, and significantly upgrade the campers’ skill, ability levels, and functional independence.
- Develop a variety of experiences that will allow campers to exercise their own creativity and imagination.
- Assist Group Leader in providing ongoing feedback to camper’s parents/guardian regarding involvement in program.
- Complete and submit all required written reports including volunteer/camper attendance reports and program evaluations as assigned.
- As assigned, acquire all needed supplies/materials through the appropriate channels and be responsible for their care and return upon the completion of the program.
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of and following/enforcing all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and will support all aspects of the HISRA safety program.
Click here to apply for this position.