Check out this video to learn more about being a Focus Aide!
- Starting at $13 per hour depending on experience and education.
- Position is approximately 26 hours per week year-round.
- Program meets Monday-Thursday.
- Responsible for assisting the Focus Leader with program implementation and supervision of the planned activities.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, quality customer service, and effective communication towards participants, parents, other staff, and the general public.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate meaningful recreation activities for adults with various abilities.
- Modify and adapt programs and equipment to meet the needs of all participants.
- Assess each participants’ current developmental status and target areas for potential growth.
- Perform lifts and transfers of children and adults with disabilities.
- Setup for and actively participate in leisure, recreation, sport, and social activities.
- Be responsible for the safety of all participants from their arrival to departure from the program.
- Implement activities that are fun as well as therapeutic, educational, and significantly upgrade the participants’ skill, ability levels, and functional independence.
- Develop a variety of experiences that will allow participants to exercise their own creativity and imagination.
- Assist Focus Leader in providing ongoing feedback to participant’s parents/guardian regarding participant’s involvement in program.
- Complete and submit all required written reports including volunteer/participant attendance reports and program evaluations as assigned.
- Acquire all needed supplies/materials through the appropriate channels and be responsible for their care and return upon the completion of the program as assigned.
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of and following/enforcing all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and will support all aspects of the HISRA safety program.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and seasonal orientation sessions.
- Drive and operate lift vans as assigned.
Click here to apply for this position.