Inclusion services take part throughout various camps, programs, and sports in HISRA’s member districts of Peoria, Chillicothe, Morton and Washington. Inclusion staff are meant to be a resource and provide support for park district employees working with campers/participants with disabilities. The goal is for campers/participants with disabilities to be successful in the member district’s camp or program.
Check out this video to learn more about being an Inclusion Leader!
- Starts at $19 per hour depending on experience and education.
- Hours vary but provide some flexibility.
- Attend required mandatory staff orientation and training.
- Responsible for specific member district camps and/or programs where inclusion services have been requested.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, quality customer service, and effective communication towards campers/participants, parents, other staff, and the general public.
- Oversee Inclusion Aides assigned to those specific camps/programs.
- Responsible for supervision of Inclusion Aides in specific camps/programs.
- Insure the safe and adequate supervision of campers/participants with disabilities through the accommodation and consideration of physical, social, emotional, and individual needs.
- Be available, at all times, to assist camp/program staff in addressing needs and issues specific to campers/participants with disabilities.
- Facilitate the inclusion of campers/participants with disabilities in activities, to the greatest extent and in the least restrictive manner possible.
- Act as the contact person for parents and significant others regarding campers/participants with disabilities.
- Provide input and recommendations regarding the grouping and staffing of campers/participants with disabilities or special needs.
- Assist the Camp Director/Program Supervisor in the training, supervision, and evaluation of program staff assigned with campers/participants with disabilities.
- Facilitate communication between HISRA and Camp/Program Administration regarding the needs and concerns specific to campers/participants with disabilities. Attend weekly meeting at HISRA and send weekly attendance to HISRA.
- Assist Camp/Program Administration in the planning and implementation of occasional events/trips involving the entire camp (i.e., parents’ night, special events, etc.).
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of and following/enforcing all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and will support aspects of the HISRA safety program.
- Supervise medication of inclusion campers/participants by receiving medication, filling medication, checking medication documentation, assuring waivers are on file, and completing all medication quality assurance.
- Responsible for the creation of behavior contracts with camper/participants, parents, counselors and program supervisor if needed. Train staff/counselors on behavior management plans. Provide feedback to parents through notes and phone calls if needed and review all counselor feedback to parents.
- Provide direct assistance to groups with inclusion campers/participants by identifying the needs for additional training and spending time with each group doing activities–participating as a counselor based on the camp/program schedule.
Click here to apply for this position.